Friday 7 October 2011

My top 5 favourite things from the 90's

The 90's were pretty great, and I wish I had been older and able to enjoy more of it.

Number 5 - The pants.
I liked that the pants had a little schwang, you know, they waved when you walked and didn't make you look like you had a giant butt and chopsticks for legs?


Number 4 - The music.
The music of the 90's was happy and upbeat, and despite there being produced a huge amount of "swears-they're-not-gay"-boybands, the music of the 90's had a major lift in quality compared to the 80's, at least in the more... Happy genres of music.
Most of the music I listen to today was produced and/or written during the 90's, and I prefer it to much of today's music.
The 90's were more pure, less... Commercialized.

Number 3 - Romantic comedy.
The 90's have all the best romantical comedies, featuring the good actors like Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts. For a girl like me, there is nothing that gets you over a breakup better than a big bucket of Ben & Jerry's and a stack of 90's romantic comedies.
After a few films, there would be no tears left, and I'd drift off into a peaceful sleep.
 Besides, the movies were much more realistic back then, and they weren't as retardedly stupid like todays "comedies".


Number 2 - Friends.
Not as in "my friends", I didn't really have that many... I'm talking about the TV-show!
That show was a big part of my childhood and teenage years, and I am almost done rewatching the entire show! Now that I'm older, I'm able to understand it so much better, and it gives me hope.
Besides, I love their hair in the first seasons, and the clothes. The 90's were a schwag decade!

Number 1 - Pokèmon.
A game that teaches you classification, breeding, training, morals, stimulates your brain and has enough plot to keep you interested and encourage a smooth progress in the game?
Too good to be true? Then you, my friend, have never heard of Pokèmon!
Despite the fact that I can never remember how to spell it right, it was a HUGE influence on my childhood and early adulthood, and I still play tons of the game.
I'm studying to be a zookeeper, and I find it really funny how realistic the different factors of pokèmon have become. I love it, and I feel it keeps my brain alive during periods of... Low stimuli from, say... The lack of interesting classes.
I also watched the cartoon/anime/whocares a lot when I was a kid, and it caused me and my friend to get up at 7 in the morning each morning in the weekends to make sure we didn't miss it.
The card-game is interesting, and reminds me a lot of the "Magic"-cards, and oh my god, I just realised what a dork I am.
Okay, time to stop typing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment