Friday 7 October 2011

My top 5 things to do when I'm bored

Don't you all have those days where everything is boring?
You come home from a boring job or lecture, and nothing is interesting. You have watched all the episodes of all the shows, and nothing is happening on facebook.
Nobody interesting is online, and you can't fall asleep, so taking a nap to pass the time is out of the question.
You are even out of beer (or whatever you people ingest to pass the time.)
What do I do to make things interesting?

Here are my top fives:

Number 5 - Clean my room.
I'm sorry, I know I've mentioned this before, but I like to pass my time by cleaning my room.

Number 4 - Practice singing.
This is also one I have mentioned before.

Number 3 - Creative writing.
Yeah, I write stories, poems, lyrics, articles, you name it.
I'm a member of a forum for just those things, and I'm loving it there.
The adress is http://www.writeforums.com check it out!
I also love drawing, in all sorts of ways. Sometimes I do it on the computer, sometimes on squared mathpaper to make it look like pixels, sometimes I draw cartoon characters or cartoons, or I just practice proportions or shading.

Number 2 - Practice cooking.
Being the nerd that I am, I like to use my knowledge of basic chemistry to make great and nutritious food.
I love teaching myself how to cook things in a tasty way, and I love getting to eat the food afterwards.

Number 1 - Listen to music.
Due my to afforementioned synaesthesia, I go on great journeys when I close my eyes and listen to music.
I see colours and shapes based on the music I hear, and when I listen to the album "Airdrawndagger", I see all sorts of things, most of which having to do with a train driving through space and oceans.


Honourable mention: Blowing smoke-rings.
I don't usually parttake of the deadly nicotine, but if I get bored enough, I like to enjoy the perk of a nicotine-rush. Blowing smoke-rings is a fun skill to try to perfect, and if I'm going to take away 7 years of my life, I might as well do it with style.
Maybe I should start crafting objects to make soap-bubbles out of instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment